THE MOST EXTENSIVE
ON THE INTERNET
Dum spiro spero
[While I breathe, I hope]
- of the State of South Carolina 
E pluribus unum. [From many, one.]
- of the United States of America
[America : Mottoes]
Ecce quam bonum
[Behold how good]
- of the University of the South [Mottoes]
Either learn, or depart; a third course is open to you, and that is, submit to be flogged.
[Lat., Aut disce, aut discede; manet sors tertia, caedi.]
- of the Schoolroom, Winchester College
[Learning : Mottoes]
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem
[By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty]
- of the State of Massachusetts [Mottoes]
- of the State of Wyoming [Mottoes]
Equality before the law
- of the State of Nebraska [Mottoes]
Esse quam videri
[To be rather than to seem]
- of the State of North Carolina [Mottoes]
[It is forever]
- of the State of Idaho [Mottoes]
[I have found it]
- of the State of California [Mottoes]
Evil to him who evil thinks.
[Lat., Honi soit qui mal y pense.]
- of the Order of the Garter [Mottoes]
- of the State of New York [Mottoes]
Fatti maschii, parole femine
[Manly deeds, womanly words]
- of the State of Maryland [Mottoes]
[Let there be light]
- of Rollins [Mottoes]
[Let there be light]
- of the University of California at Berkeley
[May this house flourish]
- of Queens' College [Mottoes]
For the greater glory of God.
[Lat., Ad majorem Dei gloriam.]
- of the Society of Jesus [God : Mottoes]
- of the State of Wisconsin [Mottoes]
- of the State of Texas [Mottoes]
God and my right.
[Lat., Dieu et mon droit.]
- password given by Richard I to army at battle of Gisors (motto of royal arms of England)
[England : Mottoes]
Hence light and the sacred vessels.
[Lat., Hine lucem et pocula sacra.]
- of Cambridge University [Light : Mottoes]
Hinc lucem et pocula sacra
[Hence light and the sacred draughts (of wisdom)]
- of Cambridge University [Mottoes]
- of the State of Rhode Island [Mottoes]
Hours are Time's shafts, and one comes winged with death.
- of the Scottish Clock, also found on the clock at Keir House, near Dunblane, Scotland, the seat of Sir William Sterling Maxwell
[Mottoes : Time]
I believe in God, I believe in the unity of my country,
I believe in eternal divine justice,
I believe in the resurrection of Hungary.
- Hungarian National Creed [Mottoes]
Displaying page 2 of 6 for this author: << Prev Next >> 1  3 4 5 6
Support GIGA. Buy something from Amazon.