THE MOST EXTENSIVE
ON THE INTERNET
And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another.
- I Corinthians (ch. IV, v. 6)
[Character : Value]
To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
- I Corinthians (ch. IX, v. 22) [Man]
For I verily, absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, . . .
- I Corinthians (ch. V, v. 3) [Absence]
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
- I Corinthians (ch. VI, v. 19) [Body]
And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.
- I Corinthians (ch. VII, v. 31) [Fashion]
Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that al our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea.
- I Corinthians (ch. X, v. 1) [Clouds]
Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
- I Corinthians (ch. X, v. 12) [Danger]
For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
- I Corinthians (ch. XI, v. 23-24)
For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
- I Corinthians (ch. XI, v. 7) [Man]
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
- I Corinthians (ch. XIII, v. 1) [Charity]
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
- I Corinthians (ch. XIII, v. 11)
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
- I Corinthians (ch. XIII, v. 13)
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
- I Corinthians (ch. XIII, v. 2) [Charity]
And thou I bestow all my good to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
- I Corinthians (ch. XIII, v. 3) [Charity]
Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaulteth not itself, is not puffed up.
- I Corinthians (ch. XIII, v. 4) [Charity]
For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
- I Corinthians (ch. XIII, v. 9)
Let all things be done decently and in order.
- I Corinthians (ch. XIV, v. 40) [Order]
But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the first fruits of them that slept.
- I Corinthians (ch. XV, v. 20) [Easter]
The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
- I Corinthians (ch. XV, v. 26) [Death]
If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.
- I Corinthians (ch. XV, v. 32) [Drinking]
Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
- I Corinthians (ch. XV, v. 33) [Evil]
The first man is of the earth,
earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
- I Corinthians (ch. XV, v. 47) [Man]
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
- I Corinthians (ch. XV, v. 52) [Eyes]
O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
- I Corinthians (ch. XV, v. 55) [Death]
But above all things truth is victor.
- inscription on the New York Public Library,
I Esdras (Apocrypha) (ch. III, v. 12)
Displaying page 8 of 35 for this author: << Prev Next >> 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35