THE MOST EXTENSIVE
ON THE INTERNET
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.
- Psalms (ch. CXI, v. 10) [Fear]
The sweet remembrance of the just
Shall flourish when he sleeps in dust.
- Psalms (ch. CXII, v. 6) [Justice]
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
- Psalms (ch. CXIX, v. 105) [Scripture]
My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.
- Psalms (ch. CXIX, v. 109) [Soul]
I have seen an end of all perfection: but thy commandment is exceeding broad.
- Psalms (ch. CXIX, v. 96) [Perfection]
I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.
- Psalms (ch. CXIX, v. 99) [Scripture]
Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
- Psalms (ch. CXLVI, v. 3) [Royalty]
I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted:
I said in my haste, All men are liars.
- Psalms (ch. CXVI, v. 11) [Lying]
The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.
- Psalms (ch. CXVIII, v. 22)
The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
- Psalms (ch. CXXI, v. 6) [Providence]
For my brethren and companions' sake, I will now ask, Peace be with thee.
- Psalms (ch. CXXII, v. 8) [Peace]
They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
- Psalms (ch. CXXVI, v. 5) [Tears]
It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.
- Psalms (ch. CXXVII, v. 2) [Sleep]
Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.
- Psalms (ch. CXXVII, v. 3-5) [Childhood]
Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table.
- Psalms (ch. CXXVIII, v. 3)
[Childhood : Children]
Lord, remember David, and all his afflictions:
How he sware unto the Lord, and vowed unto the mighty God of Jacob;
Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed;
I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyelids,
Until I find a place for the Lord, an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob.
- Psalms (ch. CXXXII, v. 1-5) [Sleep]
Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
- Psalms (ch. CXXXIII, v. 1) [Unity]
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
- Psalms (ch. CXXXIX, v. 14) [Creation]
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
- Psalms (ch. CXXXIX, v. 9-10)
[Morning : Ocean]
O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for His mercy endureth forever.
- Psalms (ch. CXXXVI, v. 1)
We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.
- Psalms (ch. CXXXVII, v. 2) [Music : Willow]
If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning.
- Psalms (ch. CXXXVII, v. 5)
If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.
- Psalms (ch. CXXXVII, v. 6) [Memory]
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
- Psalms (ch. I, v. 3) [Age]
There be many that say, Who will shew us any good? Lord, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us.
- Psalms (ch. IV, v. 6) [Face]
Displaying page 30 of 35 for this author: << Prev Next >> 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29  31 32 33 34 35