THE MOST EXTENSIVE
ON THE INTERNET
Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
- Luke (ch. VI, v. 26) [Speech]
For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.
- Luke (ch. VIII, v. 17) [Secrecy]
Go, and do thou likewise.
- Luke (ch. X, v. 37) [Action]
But one thing is needful: and Math hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
- Luke (ch. X, v. 42) [Choice]
And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.
[Vulgate Lat., Pax huic domui.]
- Luke (ch. X, v. 5) [Peace]
And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.
- Luke (ch. X, v. 7) [Industry : Proverbs]
He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.
- Luke (ch. XI, v. 23) [Unity]
And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
- Luke (ch. XII, v. 19) [Soul]
Let your loins be girded about, and your light burning;
And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
- Luke (ch. XII, v. 35-36) [Prudence]
Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour ye think not.
- Luke (ch. XII, v. 40) [Advent]
For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it.
- Luke (ch. XIV, v. 28) [Building]
And the load commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.
- Luke (ch. XVI, v. 8) [Wisdom]
It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
- Luke (ch. XVII, v. 2) [Punishment]
Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.
- Luke (ch. XVII, v. 3) [Repentance]
Remember Lot's wife.
- Luke (ch. XVII, v. 32) [Advice]
And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
- Luke (ch. XVIII, v. 13) [Sin]
In your patience possess ye your souls.
- Luke (ch. XXI, v. 19) [Soul]
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
- Luke (ch. XXI, v. 25-26) [Signs]
Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
- Luke (ch. XXIII, v. 34) [Pardon]
And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
- Luke (ch. XXIV, v. 42) [Fish]
But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
- Malachi (ch. IV, v. 2) [Names]
And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.
- Old Testament, Malachi (ch. IV, v. 6)
[Books (Last Lines)]
And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:
Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.
- Mark (ch. II, v. 27-28) [Sabbath]
And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.
- Mark (ch. III, v. 25)
[Contention : Proverbs]
If any man shall have ears to hear, let him hear.
- Mark (ch. IV, v. 23) [Proverbs]
Displaying page 19 of 35 for this author: << Prev Next >> 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35